Subject: [Leica] Horrors! Falling Leicas!
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Sun Jan 2 15:30:57 2005

Marc James Small wrote:
> At 08:53 AM 1/2/05 -0500, dnygr wrote:
>

> I have never performed the bounce test on my M6, IIIc, IIIf RD or IIIg, but
> I'd suspect that these would be as impervious to damage from inadvertent
> gravity tests as is the M3.
>
> WEAR A STRAP AROUND YOUR NECK and you will never have these questions come
> up!

But make sure it's a new strap! Getting out of a taxi on a stone flagged
station
forecourt the strap of my IIIG got snagged on the car door opening lever.
The (original) leather strap parted, the camera bounced once and I managed
catch it on the rebound. Only damage is a dent the size of a pin-prick above
the
VF window - the camera still performs perfectly.
Douglas
BTW 12mm VFs for CV lenses do not bounce. They make a (very expensive)
crunch-clatter-shatter noise when they hit concrete.

Replies: Reply from raimo.m.korhonen at uusikaupunki.fi (Raimo K) ([Leica] Horrors! Falling Leicas!)