Subject: [Leica] BESSA R3A or M7
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Sun Jan 2 22:03:12 2005

Luis Ripoll wrote:
> I own a MP and M6, personally I'm not enthusiastic with the Automatic
> priority of the M7, ...

Me neither.  Though, I've never tried it.  :-)

We had a big yack about the value of incident meters being the ants
pants a second ago, in relation photographing differing skin colours.
Various folks pointed to the advantages of assessing the light by some
method that is independent of the actual subject being shot.  So where
is the advantage of an M7, with aperture priority automatic mode, and
highly reactive to the subject?

I'd prefer to set my meter for light that I just know, or, meter off a
mid tone somewhere and then shoot till I need to re-assess.  An M7 on
auto would not work this way.  Nor would I stay as mindful of what the
light is up to.

But then I see that many love the M7.  Perhaps I should try one.  :-)

Rick.

Replies: Reply from jkoplen at mindspring.com (Julian Koplen) ([Leica] BESSA R3A or M7)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] BESSA R3A or M7)