Subject: [Leica] Re: Fuji NPH 400 trouble
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Mon Jan 3 08:14:30 2005

Nelson Chan wrote:
> Hi Phong,
>
> Another observation, to yield better results, I generally set the
> Fuji NPS  at ASA 125 and the Kodak Portra 160NC at ASA 160.
> Is this your experience?

Hi Nelson,

I have no experience with Kodak Portra 160NC, but use to
shoot a lot of NPS and NPH.  And yes, I tend to prefer NPS
at  ASA 100.  BUT, that is because of the way my particulab
prints NPS.  If I switch lab, I may reconsider that.

About the white spot on the M6, I don't have the M6TTL,
but assuming they are similar in this respect,  yes the
white spot is supposed to cover the whole metering area;
whether that is 100%, 95%, 98%, or 103%, I don't know.
I remember that Leica claims the diameter of the spot
being approximately 12mm on the film, which translates
to  about 1/3 of the long side of the frameline being used.
That's what I have always used, and it works for me.

- Phong

Replies: Reply from cchan at pldtdsl.net (Nelson Chan) ([Leica] Re: Fuji NPH 400 trouble)