Subject: [Leica] Re: Best camera/lens choice
From: mstoesz at wyoming.com (Mike Stoesz)
Date: Mon Jan 3 16:48:22 2005

Mark R said:

If it was me I'd be tempted to leave all my Leicas at home and bring
my
Rolleiflex 2.8 F 80mm Zeiss which has just been Harry Fleenored.

It's like having and old friend and a new friend be the very same
friend.

And for some reason I can see myself if I was in your shoes wanting a
new
Leica CM for a trip like that. And a Rollei 35 for a backup.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/

I did just that (almost) this past August.  My family and I spent 30
days in Nova Scotia, Canada (a very wonderful place).  My travel
equipment was Rollie 3.5F 120/220 and 100 rolls of Fuji NPC 120.  Back
up cameras was Leica M3 w/25mm Canon and 135mm Canon, 20 rolls Fuji
Sensia 100 and a few rolls of Provia 400 for low light.  I used almost
all the 120 and brought home about 1/2 of the 35mm film unused.

Next trip I will most likely also take the Rollei and Leica M3 w/
35f1.8 Canon and 135f3.5 Canon.

Happy New Year to all.

Mike

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re: Best camera/lens choice)