Subject: [Leica] WAS: Intro NOW: HCB.
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Jan 4 08:37:38 2005

BUZZ!!!! Get your butt in here!!! :-)

In fact, HCB himself has been quoted as saying that around the time of
the founding of Magnum, the late Robert Capa "...was very wise. He told
me not to
call myself a surrealist, but instead, a photojournalist."

I admit that I had some trouble getting my brain around this idea,
focused as I was on HCB's subject manner. But then I saw some classic
HCB images blown up to slide screen size - and BINGO! There is was -
shape, form, shadow, odd juxtaposition of objects.....