Subject: [Leica] WAS: BESSA R3A or M7? NOW EXPOSURE.
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Tue Jan 4 08:39:25 2005

Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com> wrote:

> Ted Grand wrote:
>>Goodness me, KISS and it works. ;-) I can never understand why it
>>requires such great detail for such a simple thing as a correct
>>exposure. Sorry but that's how I shoot and in general it works
>>beautifully..... just look at the books "Doctors' Work or Women in
>>Medicine!" ;-) Or any of the earlier ones. :-)
>
> I agree. People are making this more complicated than it seems.

Compounding the confusion re:exposure - or is it causing the confusion? -
manufacturers are telling newbies that correct exposure is darned-near
impossible without their latest 128-bit 3GHz 45-segment matrix meters.
Cripes, my daughter had the concept nailed with the SL's meter when she was
8 years old.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com