Subject: [Leica] Re: Nikon 5000ED
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Wed Jan 5 21:04:40 2005

>Do these scan faster: my attempts to reduce resolution etc to speed up
>scanning seem to fail thus far. I've tried reducing the DPI and the pixel
>size of the output, but the scan time seems unchanged so I may as well give
>it the full treatment.

Cut the amount of samples down. x16 sampling will take along time., x8 will
be
pretty much twice as fast.

>I was told silverscan might be good, but I'm always loath to spend more
>till
>I'm really desperate.

I could never get good results from Silverscan. Right now I am using
Nikonscan and Vuescan.

I have been getting very good results with Nikonscan and Tri-X. The trick is
to set the film
type to color negative and the result to B/W 16bit. You'll see a large jump
in dynamic range.

Take a look at my webpage for examples.

feli

www.elanphotos.com