Subject: [Leica] BESSA R3A or M7
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri Jan 7 00:36:38 2005

It is quite likely that the CV lenses are made to a lower standard than
Leica, not only are they much cheaper but there is a huge difference of
opinion in how good they are, which probably points more to sample
variation than taste. The 15mm in particular, when it was released, got
much admiration but a few brickbats, mine is superb, some presumably
weren't.
On test, where there are technical evaluations, notes of de-centring
are not uncommon on CV lens samples. It is much cheaper and easier (and
noticeable to the purchaser) to put the bulk of the manufacturing
effort into feel and look than actually to use the very finest accuracy
in element positioning.
Premium car manufacturers have been concentrating on purveying image to
justify the price, over better engineering, for quite a few years now.
Frank

Frank