Subject: [Leica] OT ! a naked walmart
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 8 19:57:28 2005

In a message dated 1/8/2005 8:05:02 PM Central Standard Time,
s.dimitrov@charter.net writes:

Yeah, I just got chewed out by my wife for shopping at Walmart the
other day. I needed an organizer for my desk drawer. I figured what the
heck, any worker in the plastics industry is an abused worker, so why
pay any more than I have to. I guess that wasn't the point in my
household.
S. Dimitrov

In my town, Walmart is the fourth largest employer, and of the three,
largest
employer of college students.  The Mom and Pop Office Supply store three
blocks away seems to be doing just fine.  A Music store is doing well.
Three
other Groceries are apparently doing OK.  We just had a shake-up of
pharmacies,
but there are at least six in business in a town of 20,000, including
Wally-world.

The local Rite Aid is putting in a 1 hour Fuji Frontier Lab to compete with
WM.  There was a photographer who offered a mini lab, but service was slow,
and
sometimes they forgot to order paper so instead of 1 hour, it might take
three days.

We have lost a couple hardware stores, but now we have big Ace
hardware/lumber in town.

Kaffie Fredericks, the one that my family has shopped at for five
generations
is doing quite well, thank you.  No blister packs and no scanners.

http://www.sonc.com/paw/KFH.htm

We're doing OK with Walmart.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?, crawfish

Replies: Reply from cmbrow at wm.edu (Chandos Michael Brown) ([Leica] OT ! a naked walmart)