Subject: [Leica] OT ! a naked walmart
From: cmbrow at wm.edu (Chandos Michael Brown)
Date: Sat Jan 8 20:36:39 2005

"We're doing OK with Walmart."

That's sorta the problem, Sonny; "We're" just doing fine with Walmart.
It's the folks who work there who aren't.

Walmart has been an exceedingly mixed blessing in my small town of
Gloucester Court House, Virginia, as it has been for my father's small
town of Rochester, Indiana, which goes to show how unreliable chatty
anecdotes about its impact can be, yours or mine.

I commend Simon Head's piece in the Dec. 16 issue of the New York Review
of Books, the latest of many reports on Walmart's labor practices.  I
did not renew my membership in Sam's Club last month, nor will I
patronize Walmart in the future.

Cheers!

Chandos

Replies: Reply from vintagepedaler at comcast.net (denik) ([Leica] OT ! a naked walmart)