Subject: [Leica] will DMR obviate need for R motor?
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Sun Jan 9 13:21:30 2005

The DMR will have its own drive unit, which is separate from the
digital back unit.

It's much the same as the setup for film use.  There is a film back and
a drive unit.  With digital there is a digital back and a drive unit.

And to be clear, the drive units are specific to each kind of back, ie,
not interchangeable between film and digital backs.  So to switch from
film to digital, one removes the film back then the film drive, puts on
the digital drive and then puts on the digital back.  Leica's site has
an animation of this.

Rick.

Correct me