Subject: [Leica] Re:OT: Nikon problem
From: mcintyre at ca.inter.net (Jim McIntyre)
Date: Sun Jan 9 20:19:27 2005

Discovered the problem. A small piece of the aperture ring has been chipped
off (how I don't know...gremilins?):

http://www.jamesstreetphoto.com/Nikon1.jpg

This pushes a lever beside the mounting ring on both the N80 and the D70. If
I mount the lens, and then use a small screwdriver to push the lever down,
then the camera recognizes the lens. If I look at my 80-200, there is a
little tab on the ring:

http://www.jamesstreetphoto.com/Nikon2.jpg

Grrrr...at least I know what the problem is. The joys of plastic cameras and
lenses, and finicky temperamental electronic devices....

Thus ends my off-topic thread. Now back to the joys of my "new-to-me" M6....

jm