Subject: [Leica] Re: [MyOlympus] a link for Bob....
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jan 11 08:43:32 2005

In a message dated 1/11/05 5:37:43 AM, gna@netspace.net.au writes:

> thought u might like this link about deception in documentary photography
> from the old days...not that I feel like re-starting that conversation! :)
>
> http://larrysface.com/deception.htm
>
> Gary
Now every Tom, Dick and Mary can fake a photograph. It's no longer the
exception to the rule. It is the rule. And you can't even track down a
negative!
Now, even if you could, the negative could be a forgery. The problem is the
sea
change that has come over photography so that it no longer has credibility
by
the public because the public itself is practicing deception on itself. A
technology outside photography has invaded photography for good or ill. Each
of us
as individuals must now wield our own notarized stamp of veracity: Our
Reputations. There is no other agency. But, then again, ethics always was
the domain
of the individual. So I'm still optimistic. As long as a special embattled
few
remain to keep the faith.

Bob

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re: [MyOlympus] a link for Bob....)