Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Ikon Focus Shift
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Jan 11 13:47:02 2005

Oh give it a rest, Mark - and while you're resting, go read some of the
six-foot deep bullshit Leica puts out. Forgod's sake, go read that
advertising brochure that's being passed off as a photobook - what is
it, Leica century? Puhleaze....

Who cares where it's made, or who makes it? Only someone who's into
status. The question is who designed it, and to whose standards is it
manufactured. Oh, and who stands behind it. I don't give a rat's butt if
my camera is made in New Jersey, Germany, China, or a Red State - What I
want to know is does it perform, and will it keep performing. Period.

As to Leica and its standards, the Leica name is on the digilux and the
last I looked it's a Panasonic. Period. And I don't hear people
attacking Leica over that.

Maybe the Zeiss stuff will turn out to be complete and utter crap. If
that's the case, neither you nor Leica will have anything to sweat.
Meanwhile, however, you are really starting to sound like what's his
name Williams touting No Child Left Behind. ;-)