Subject: [Leica] In case anyone is vaguely interested...
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Jan 13 07:17:17 2005

Thanks so much, Phong. You raise some very interesting points. As I had
selected my 40, there was more variation - in fact, there were two
'architectural' shots of a church interior. My thought was to show the
variation. My "editors" said go with obvious strength; which oddly
enough turned out to be 'street,' or at least candid views of people.
The "jewishness" is there as a wedding detail, rather than religious
statement, but I see how you could see it the other way. The 'two dudes'
- my youngest (foreground) and eldest - (with one of my Ms, background)
is there as street, rather than photo of my kids.

As to the 'who the hell is he and what's he doing here?' He's my best
friend from college, who I visited this summer after about 25 years
without contact. And we sat up late into the night with a tape recorder
- and bourbon on his side of the table - as I interviewed him for a
possible book I'm working on. There were three of him, and the kids went
for this one. As I noted earlier, I may post all three to see where
other 'editors' come down.

Finally - the neontal stuff. I wanted that to be a major offering - I
believe it's five/six of the 20 - given that I'm now shooting for the
New England Journal of Medicine, and doing allot of this stuff. Who
knows what editors may be at the event?:-)

Again, thanks for the kind words and thoughtful review.