Subject: [Leica] Starting up PAWS for 2005
From: s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal)
Date: Thu Jan 13 17:51:25 2005

> Hi all and a belated Happy New Year,
> After a long hiatus during which I could not bring myself to post
> anything, I put my Elmar f2.8 my Bessa R2 and went out into the cold with
> a roll of Fuji Press 400 to see if it could get me going again. It felt
> good to use a "real" camera again.
>
> My PAW for Week 2, 2005 is at
> http://www.pbase.com/chmoss/image/38568716
>
> Some others for the week are at
> http://www.pbase.com/chmoss/2005w02
>
> In an effort to backfill, I will start mining my disk for earlier weeks.
> Week 1 (warning -- non- Leica), taken during a very brief visit to
> Amsterdam, is at
> http://www.pbase.com/chmoss/2005w01
>
> The Main is my family in Amsterdam -- cousins, some of whom I have not
> seen in 20 years, others I met for the first time. The others pics were
> taken around Amsterdam - one of my favorite cities. I wish I could have
> spent more time there. We had one day in the city, and one day in Bussum.
>
> Comments and insights appreciated.
> --
> Clive
> http://www.pbase.com/chmoss/root

Hi Chris ,thanks for the wishes, same to you.
Nice to see others views of my home town.
You,ll find it very hard to find a true vertical in your shots of the old
city.
Most buildings lean towards the canals.
(The tower is off vertical a lot as well(slowly sinks in the ground like all
structures here))
This was done to facilitate the hoisting of goods thereby avoiding the
narrow staircases and also
to evade taxes since houses were taxed by the city by their ground floor
dimensions.it really paid to have the top floors larger then the street
level ones.
If you are ever here again  and if you,d like , let me know and i,ll take
you on a canal tourt with my boat .the palce looks best when seen from canal
level.
best and thanks for sharing
simon , from amsterdam