Subject: [Leica] The Zeiss Choice
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jan 13 19:36:20 2005

In a message dated 1/13/2005 9:49:16 AM Central Standard Time,
billgem@hotmail.com writes:
However, I would think that parallax adjustment for
framelines is a bigger problem. All of these close focusing lenses except
the 28 require accessory viewfinders, so I assume that the problem is
handled there. It will be interesting to see how parallax compensation for
the 28 is handled, once the camera is available. The literature indicates
that the accessory viewfinder for the 25 doubles as a VF for the 28. Since
framelines for the 28 are built into the VF, it's possible that the
accessory finder provides better framelines for close-up focus - unless it
is just an alternative finder for folks with glasses.
Bill

How do you figure the accessory VF will correct for paralax error?  It is
either set for distance or for close up, it can't be for both unless it has
multiple frame lines, in which case it will get pretty messy if it works for
2
lenses.

gene