Subject: [Leica] The Zeiss Choice
From: billgem at hotmail.com (Bill Marshall)
Date: Mon Jan 17 03:54:22 2005

On Wednesday, January 12, Ian Watts wrote in part:
>"Bill, do you know for a fact that the camera body will be rangefinder
>focused down to 0.3m? . . . I wonder whether the close focusing ability of
>the wide lenses is on a "guesstimate" basis below the 0.7 mark."

The question refers to the advertised minimum focus distance of 0.5m for the
21, 25, & 28 mm lenses and 0.3m for the 15 mm lens in the new Zeiss lens
line. As promised, I am posting the reply to my question from Hasselblad at
zeissikon.com:

"The rangefinder coupling of the camera is down to 0.5 m. The 2.8/15 mm lens
has no coupling to the rangefinder mechanism is in the camera body. The very
short lens focal length makes it very easy to get the required focusing
precision by estimation of the object distance"

Replies: Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] The Zeiss Choice)