Subject: [Leica] Elmar 50mm f2.8 thoughts/opinions
From: marc.osborne at gmail.com (Marc Osborne)
Date: Fri Jan 14 10:55:20 2005

I'm considering the purchase of an Elmar 50mm f2.8. What attracts me
to the lens is it's low weight, collapsible lens, and relatively
moderate price either new or used. I long used a Summarit 50mm 2.0 on
my IIIf and like the compactness of it all.

I shoot mainly Tri-X  and develop in diafine so losing the extra stop
compared to a summicron or even my Summarit with an adapter shouldn't
be a problem. But I've never used one...that's why I'm asking. What do
those have actually used it think?

Thanks,

Marc

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] Elmar 50mm f2.8 thoughts/opinions)