Subject: [Leica]New Nikon SP 2005 Limited Edition Introduced
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Jan 17 07:50:33 2005

I thought about this.....a Nikon Digital RF ( NDRF).  Why?  to get some
miniscule ( compared to Digital SLR)  market share?  Seems not worthwhile.
Free advertising ( new Coke?)

I go back to stating the obvious.... it is a Japanese market decision, that
no matter how hard I try, I can not fathom.  They do have the money to blow
on this market....  And irrational passion could have gotten the ball
rolling.  Is there an MBA school in Japan?  Where are the MBAs when you
really need them?

Profits?  Tooling up a completely new all mechanical camera for a few
thousand units?  It would be years till they turned break even, if they sold
tons of these things.  I don't think so.....

NDRF?  Maybe, possibly.  Market size is small, comparatively.  Equally
fanatical Leica owners would need to get new lenses, or the (fabled)
adapter.  As dumb to me as LTM lenses from CV.

New Coke?  To me, most likely.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net