Subject: [Leica] special run 50mm 2.8 Elmar
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Mon Jan 17 08:06:57 2005

I've just spoken with Roger Horn at Leica USA Northvale about a special run
of a LTM 50/2,8 Elmar. Roger told me that U.S. sales of the LTM 35
Summicron, 50 Summicron and 50 Summilux in 2000 and 2001 together totalled
around 100 pieces. He does not know what world-wide sales were. He agrees
that it  simply a matter of economics and is not sanguine that enough sales
at an acceptable price would make it so.

I will email Stefan Daniuel at Solms to mention to him the interest on the
LUG but I am extremely doubtful that anything will come of this.

Seth            LaK 9

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] special run 50mm 2.8 Elmar)
Reply from leicaluvr at comcast.net (Tom Schofield) ([Leica] special run 50mm 2.8 Elmar)