Subject: [Leica] 50mm 2.8 @ f5,6
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jan 16 16:46:58 2005

In a message dated 1/15/2005 8:24:58 AM Central Standard Time,
r.s.taylor@comcast.net writes:
That's three of us, actually, and I've used the 50/2.8 in the same
way.  Never tried to take photos during the performances,though, and
would be pretty annoyed if someone near me did.   I once sat next to
a gal with a bag full of Nikons.  I saw them when she opened the bag
just before the curtain went up and reached for an N70 with a big
zoom.  I looked at the camera, then looked her hard in the eye.  End
of photography.

There are times to take pictures and times to not, I think.  Others
may disagree, of course, and at least some do apparently, judging
from the number of little flashes popping off in the upper tiers
after some of the performances.

I've never seen anyone taking photos during a performance at the MET, though.

Anyway, the current 50/2.8 is a terrific lens.
When we were in Poland last month we went to the opera and photography was
also forbidden, so I left the M6 home.  So this seems to be the norm for
operas
etc.

Gene

Replies: Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] special run 50mm 2.8 Elmar)