Subject: [Leica] Rick Santorum and the Leica in your Pocket
From: alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glenn Stauffer)
Date: Tue Jan 18 08:44:46 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:17:39 -0500, Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
wrote:
> I was on my way to D.C. Friday and found myself on the train across from
> United States Senator Rick Santorum. He spent 90% of the trip talking on
> his
> cell phone. Luckily, I had my Leica with me.
>
> http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/paw/2005/3/ricksantorum.jpg

As a portrait, I don't think the picture flatters him.  The thickness
of his neck is accentuated  by the angle of his head.  Is it the focal
length of the lens, an artifact of the focus point, or the angle that
makes his nose look longer than it appears in his official portraits?
The angle of the face makes his right eye (left eye in the photo) look
smaller than the other and a bit wonky?  I don't see that in his
official portraits.

Good camera work - focus, framing, sharpness, etc.  Not so good a
portrait.  Back a little further and a more straight-on shot would
have made it more flattering, I think.

Glenn

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Rick Santorum and the Leica in your Pocket)