Subject: [Leica] Re: printer paper
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Wed Jan 19 08:36:52 2005

At 06:38 AM 1/19/2005, Daniel wrote:
>I like Ilford papers, but with some dye inks they fade away after about 2
>years (Ilford Gallerie).

Or 2 days, if exposed to window light.  I recently tried some Gallerie
surfaces with my Epson 880 (dye) printer.  I loved the look, but by chance
left some prints face-up on my piano in a fairly dim room, lit only by
shaded indirect window light.  A couple of days later there was obvious
fading and color shift.  It was easy to see because the prints were b/w and
had developed a pronounced reddish color cast.  Pigment prints (C80) were
fine, and dye prints left _covered_ were also fine (and still look great
months later).

Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr. SE
Albuquerque, NM  87108