Subject: [Leica] Solved: Cold Weather M Focusing
From: gcr910 at msn.com (Gregory Rubenstein)
Date: Tue Jan 18 15:29:32 2005

Charles Hehl nailed my cold weather focusing problem. Was shooting while
wearing a pair of clever new mittens on which the upper half flips back to
allow one's fingers to grasp things. The upper half of the mitten, when
flipped back, apparently blocks the smaller viewing window in varying
degrees (depending on hand position), causing the focusing/metering block to
fade or vanish. Never happened to me before, hence never occurred to me 'til
Charles' comments. Took out an M after reading his post, intentionally
blocked the window, then moved the offending finger and, voila. Now know how
Homer Simpson feels when he says, "Doh?"

Thank you, Charles.

Greg

Replies: Reply from chehl at comcast.net (Charles Hehl) ([Leica] Solved: Cold Weather M Focusing)