Subject: [Leica] In need of batch slide scanner recommendation
From: bparsons at jhancock.com (bparsons@jhancock.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 12:19:02 2005

You should get numerous machines! ?Not to mention the auto feeders!
You can figure out the required number of machines based on the scan time
per slide.
I believe it takes my scanner about 2 minutes for a high-quality scan.
At 30 per minute (we won't figure in the stack manipulation procedures),
into 6 million. ?That's let's see ... 400-plus 8-hour days for a single
machine.
But, the good news is you won't have to shave.

Bill Parsons
601 Congress Street, Boston, MA
617-663-2592
(cell) 617-680-2779
|+------------------------------+-----------------------------------------|
||   "Kyle Cassidy"             |                                         |
||   <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>   |   ? ? ? ? To:                           |
||   Sent by:                   |   "'lug@leica-users.org'"               |
||   lug-bounces+bparsons=jhanco|   <lug@leica-users.org>                 |
||   ck.com@leica-users.org     |   ? ? ? ? cc:                           |
||                              |   ? ? ? ? Subject: ? ? ? ?[Leica] In    |
||   01/19/2005 03:19 PM        |   need of batch slide scanner           |
||   Please respond to "Leica   |   recommendation                        |
||   Users Group"               |                                         |

Hey kids -- I have about six million slides that need to be scanned. I'd
like to batch scan them, maybe in batches of 10, six million at once is not
practical, they don't all fit in the same room at once.. What should I get?

Kc