Subject: [Leica] In need of batch slide scanner recommendation
From: bparsons at jhancock.com (bparsons@jhancock.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 13:26:54 2005

Well, I was trying to figure out the arithmetic using Richard's response.

If the Nikon 4000 (I believe that's also the resolution) gives a 37MB file
(my 2700 dpi scanner gives a 25MB file), and the resolution is set for a
3MB file, then the 37 secs he quotes could be 3-4 seconds.
At 3 seconds, that's 20 per minute, 1200 per hour, and 9600 per 8-hour day.
6m / 10k is only two months? ?So, not 400 machines, but lots of fun,
particularly if they're paper mounts (expectable) per Adam Bridge's
posting.

Charge a lot for this project!

Bill Parsons
601 Congress Street, Boston, MA
617-663-2592
(cell) 617-680-2779
|+-----------------------------+-----------------------------------------|
||   "Aaron Sandler"           |                                         |
||   <aaron.sandler@duke.edu>  |   ? ? ? ? To: ? ? ? ?"Leica Users Group"|
||   Sent by:                  |   <lug@leica-users.org>                 |
||   lug-bounces+bparsons=jhanc|   ? ? ? ? cc:                           |
||   ock.com@leica-users.org   |   ? ? ? ? Subject: ? ? ? ?Re: [Leica] In|
||                             |   need of batch slide scanner           |
||   01/19/2005 04:23 PM       |   recommendation                        |
||   Please respond to "Leica  |                                         |
||   Users Group"              |                                         |

Bill's idea is most of the way there...you just need to add 400 monkeys
runnng 400 machines and you'll easily get it done in a day.