Subject: [Leica] Leica MP 0.58x - I think I'm being had.....
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Thu Jan 20 20:46:27 2005

Roger,

Correct. Once the existing supply is depleted
both .58 and .85 viewfinders will only be available
by special order, meaning these days, "a la carte".

This isn't a marketing ploy. Costs to inventory
the slow moving .58 and .85 v/f have been becoming
prohibitive for some time according to a friend who
does consulting work in Solms.

I knew about this over a year ago and picked up
a .58 chrome MP USA Demo in June, which makes
shooting a 35 or 28 a pure delight. (Didn't care for
black paint which wears off as all my other Leicas
are black chrome and have held up well.)

Maybe you ought to pick one up at the pre-Jan. 1st
pricing while you still can although I expect that the
MP .58 "a la carte" could be ordered and bought for
a good bit less than $4,400!!! THAT would be with
ALL the options at MSRP...

If you can't buy one "reasonably", contact me off-line
and I'll suggest a good Leica contact in the USA who
will likely be able to help.

William

Replies: Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Leica MP 0.58x - I think I'm being had.....)