Subject: [Leica] Catching up - PAW week 51 2004 - CHM
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Sat Jan 22 10:36:48 2005

Thanks to all for looking and commenting on my latest posts.

Yes, Peter, I did tweak the saturation a little in the market shot --
but not much beyond what I remembered is as being.  I have a dilemma
about color management. I have a dual monitor set-up. A Samsung 172T
LCD and  a Samsung 997DF CRT. The 172T is profiled using ColorVision.
Since XP does not let me use a separate profile for each monitor, that
profile is also used for the CRT. The CRT does look look significantly
different with or without the profile.

The problem is that the CRT is much softer than the  LCD. The CRT is
way better than the LCD at showing subtle gradations in tone, but its
blacks are not as black and its whites are not as white. If an image
is snappy on the crt, it is overcontrasty on the LCD. If id looks good
on the LCD, it is washed out on the CRT. I usually go with the LCD as
the arbiter, because it matches my prints.

I have no idea what other people actually see if and when they look at
my pics :( A sad fact of the state of color management.

Anyhow -- for Week 51 I offer a few pics on the way to and at a
Chicago Symphony concert.

As always, comments and critiques are solicited and welcomed.
--
Clive
http://www.pbase.com/chmoss

Replies: Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] Re: Catching up - PAW week 51 2004 - CHM -- with the link this time :-))