Subject: [Leica] Doomed: Leica 50 Asph
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Sat Jan 22 13:11:57 2005

John,

There has only been one batch of USA lenses since you returned yours, and
that
was at the end of November when I obtained mine. Up until that time,
earlier delays
were caused by the production of the titanium mounts for the limited
edition titanium
cameras. Germany basically shuts down for the month of December for the
holidays.
Another USA batch of lenses is due in at the end of this month.

My wait for a lens was only three weeks because I buy from a dealer with a
large
allocation. He received five in November because he sells A LOT of Leica
product.
Your problem may stem from the fact that your region in Canada may have
received
NO allocation in November. (Educated guess.)

A friend of mine ordered one from my U.S. dealer at the beginning of
December and
ought to have his very soon. If you want one from this batch, contact me
off-line. It
might still be possible. Alternately, Tony Rose at Popflash may have a
"grey" lens
with no USA warranty in stock, but I doubt the savings would be all that
great.

Mine has been flawless, mechanically and optically, but I did not want to
torture you
with examples from this stunning lens.

Best Regards,

William