Subject: [Leica] To Keep or Not to Keep a Leica 1.4/75 M-Summilux
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jan 22 13:45:59 2005

I would take the attention of the argument off the actions of paying the
repair guy all this amazing money to maintain this already amazingly
expensive and unusual piece of equipment....
To the stack of prints or trays of slides that you have FROM this lens.

How much is your "body of work" shaped by your use of this lens?

If your work has a total "f 1.4 at 75mm and BE THERE" look to it that you
pay what ever it costs to keep this critical piece of gear in your arsenal.

If you can't tell which of your imagine are done with this lens when you get
your film back that perhaps it doesn't make any difference anyway?

I bet if Ted's Noctilux broke he'd pay some real money to get it fixed or
replaced. The would be no Not tilux.

But he'd have so speak for himself of course.

Me I'm not such a wide open shooter.

I'd get the newer sharper ASPH compact 75 due at my Configurators shelves
next holiday season!

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon