Subject: [Leica] Doomed too: Leica 1.4/75 M-Summilux
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 20:09:15 2005

In a message dated 1/22/2005 10:36:46 AM Central Standard Time,
rangefinder@screengang.com writes:
Leica Switzerland adviced him to heat the lens on 50?C for 2 hours. My
repairman did. The aperture complex was still glued together. After
recalling Leica, he repeated the procedure with 60?C. Still negative.

The lens was sent to Leica. After 2 months, the cost estimate came: CHF
1100 (EUR 750) for a new aperture complex. And this price is not including
the work of my repairman.

I dont know if I should pay or just get rid of it.

Didier
Sounds a bit weird.  I just had my 35/2.8 R Elmarit in for repair as the
Aperture complex was sticking.  Leica NJ fixed it and CLA'd the lens for
$270.
Had it back in 2 weeks, in time to take on vacation.  Long and expensive
repairs
seem to be the norm from the European reps for Leica.  At least from what I
have seen on the LUG.

Gene

Replies: Reply from bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] Doomed too: Leica 1.4/75 M-Summilux)
Reply from michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Doomed too: Leica 1.4/75 M-Summilux)