Subject: [Leica] Doomed:to a thread that won't die
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sun Jan 23 05:19:43 2005

In a message dated 1/23/2005 3:24:46 AM Central Standard Time,
daniel.ridings@edd.uio.no writes:
Sonny,

I know you've used ACDSee too. Did you pick up this Picasa just to play
around with? Are you considering going over to it?

I've been pretty happy with ACDSee, after going over to it from
FotoStation. ACDSee has been creeping closer and closer to what I want,
ideally.

Daniel

PS: Nice tour.

Thanks!

ACDsee has some distinct advantages, and the way I use it, is an entirely
different tool.  You may recall that I use it only as a browser, in the
"classic"
mode.  That makes it very fast.  The difference in the two products is that
with older acdsee, you need to know where the picture is on your drive.
Picasa's strength is that you can look at ALL your pictures to find
something.
There is a weakness there though, as you have to perform a couple
drill-downs to
find out where the picture is.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?, crawfish