Subject: [Leica] Doomed: Leica MP 0.58x
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Jan 23 08:49:46 2005

Hi Frank,

I am not looking to pick a fight over this; in fact, I never look to
pick a fight with anyone here.

In my earlier days I used to do all kinds of testing. Tripod, an
unmovable object like a statue, careful recording of exposure data etc.
But nowadays I subscribe more to the Ted Grant mode of operation: just
take some pictures. I do not need to do any testing to know that my
Leica lens gives superior results on my Canon DSLR. I can see it on the
screen and on the prints. The same was true when I used this lens with
Kodachrome--it gave me better results than my other lenses (Leica as
well). The 100mm Apo Macro is in my view the best lens in the entire
Leica system, M or R, and is certainly the best lens I have ever owned.

Nathan