Subject: [Leica] Doomed: Leica MP 0.58x
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Mon Jan 24 05:32:31 2005

Brand clash. Panasonic + Leica is a weird cobranding soup.  Maybe on the
high end
model the cobranding makes sense.

Otherwise, associating the brands is a long haul effort. Sony + Zeiss -
well, Sony is a
brand mangement champion in the industry.  Panasonic may not be up to
the challenge.

Personally, I don't think it actually reflects poorly on the Leica brand
per se.

Scott

Message from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] Doomed: Leica MP 0.58x)