Subject: [Leica] Doomed:now a discussion of leica owners
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Jan 24 15:56:32 2005

B.D.,
I have talked to something less than 500 and more than 100 Leica owners
over the past then years or so that are not LHSA or LUG folk.  It is
truly amazing how many people own multiple cameras.  The owner of the
local gun store, the regional manager of Fuji technical services, an
architect, an agent for national talent, an owner of a very large
construction company, some guy who caught me shooting light bulbs back
lit by the sun.  The list goes on and on.

One thing that helps is that Atlanta had a very strong Leica dealer for
decades.  The owner was very dedicated and helpful as well.  I remember
him flying to Germany to pick up a 400 F2.8 for his customer.  So, I
will admit that my local area is possibly not typical.  But the same
thing happens to me in Kansas City when I visit.

:)

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com