Subject: [Leica] Doomed: Leica MP 0.58x
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas M.Sharp)
Date: Mon Jan 24 06:49:48 2005

Didier,
Planned is a crop factor of 1,37 from what I heard at the Photokina.
What takes up a lot of room on the back of the camera is all the gear for
menues
preview screen, jog and shuffle dials , switches and general "bells and
buttons".
This could all be combined in a module little larger than a credit card.
Make it
connectable via the accessory shoe when needed, this even gives you the
"secretive mode " option of shooting with a vertical finder (whatever
happened
to those?)I don't really see anyone "chimping" with a Digital-M, somehow not
quite right. I imagine a clip-in sensor - open a part of the back and push
it in
- and the rest of the controls as we know them, plus perhaps the WB and ISO
controls. Menues,LCD etc as described above on a separate "card". There's
even a
possibility that the camera could be compacter (In length or height, the
depth
must remain the same)) than the film equivalent.
BTW If you took the preview screen off the back of an RD-1 you are getting
very
close to the dimensions of its parent Cosina/Voigtlaender body
Douglas