Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 3: Street photos Amsterdam/London
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Jan 24 12:59:24 2005

Nathan Wajsman showed:

> This week I give you some snapshots, taken in Amsterdam last Sunday and in
> London on Tuesday.<<<<<<
SNIP.......

> The two Amsterdam images:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_3.jpg
> (yes, I know it has some flare, but I still like it)
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_3alt1.jpg
>
> And then on to London. A nice haircut spotted in the Underground:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_3alt2.jpg
>
> A couple of women on Oxford Street, looking slightly confused:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_3alt3.jpg
>
> Another one from the same location:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_3alt4.jpg
>
> And the last one outside the Victoria Staton, from where I caught my train
> to Gatwick and my flight back to Amsterdam:
> http://www.nathanfoto.com/paw/2005/2005_3alt5.jpg<<<<<<<<<<<,

Hi Nathan,
Actually they nearly all rate for 2005 FOM submission. :-) I can hear
Alasatair beginning to groan already! ;-)

I like them all, including the flaired one. But I don't see it as the best
unless I tried pulling the flair down as much as possible. It only requires
a very slight burning down from top to bottom or 3/4 of the way down and I
bet you could almost clean it out

Why? Well simply because the content is so good you really don't want
anything distracting attention away from it. I mean the dog on it's ride
along looks like it's really into this walk about even when you see it from
behind. :-) The others are good street stuff and obviously done quickly
without a lot of screwing around with exposure meters and focus fiddling.

But for sure, I'm convinced you're becoming one of the fastest  "shoot 'em"
on the street camera users on the list.! :-)

You capture "neat moments" where I believe others might flounder due to
shyness or just not wanting to be hasled if challenged but a street subject.
Actually I'm more of the "shy type" walking down the street even after all
these years, maybe because i'm "getting older" ;-) and I just don't want ot
be hassled. However in my younger days it was  "see-shoot"  in one quick
action.

You obviously are in the "see-shoot" age bracket at the moment. :-) Good
stuff as always.

ted

Replies: Reply from firkin at balhpl01.ncable.net.au (firkin) ([Leica] Re: Nathan's PAW 3: Street photos Amsterdam/London)