Subject: [Leica] You Call that SNOW!?!?
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Jan 25 19:07:27 2005

Actually, a lot of southerner's fear of snow has to do with the
relatively high crowns on our roads.  Also, ground temperatures tend to
start warm enough to melt the snow then freeze as the temperature drops
toward evening.  I remember an ice storm in Waco, Texas that left a
relatively light coat of ice on the roads.  With the crown, if you
deviated in the slightest from dead center, of you went into the curb.

I have no difficulty driving on unplowed roads in the Midwest, but you
won't find me out and about in Atlanta when it snows.  Even four wheel
drive won't save you with the crowns and the ice.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] You Call that SNOW!?!?)