Subject: [Leica] You Call that SNOW!?!?
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Jan 26 04:20:45 2005

Richard,
Correct, it is to remove rain water from the road to prevent
hydroplaning.  Although, the Georgia DOT has come up with some pretty
interesting asphalt mixes that actually gets the water off the road
through the asphalt.  When properly done, it is quite marvelous.  When
the supplier screws up, then you have half a mile of asphalt peeling up
like an orange peel as happened down Savannah way five or six years ago.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work in areas that get really hard freezes, or
so I have been told.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com