Subject: [Leica] Need advice on best electrical converter/adapter for Europe
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jan 26 14:58:10 2005

Anyone who has charged camera batteries in Europe know how to advise  this
post on craigslist in San Francisco?

____________________________________
 Reply to: _anon-57164183@craigslist.org_
(mailto:anon-57164183@craigslist.org?subject=Need%20advice%20on%20best%20electrical%20converter/adapter%20for%20Eu
rope%20)
Date:  2005-01-26, 8:45AM PST

I have a young niece who will be in Europe for  several weeks this spring
with members from her class. She has worked very hard  to pay her own way,
and
wants to bring a digital camera along to take pictures.  The batteries will
need
to be recharged periodically. I know electrical power is  different in
Europe, so I wanted to get her a converter/adapter. In reading  postings
from
photographers, however, there seems to be a problem with
converters/adapters and
using battery rechargers for cameras. Apparently they  blow out or do damage
converter/adapter units. I need to understand why, as  well as what kind of
converter/adapter 'package' would prevent that problem.  Thank you.

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Need advice on best electrical converter/adapter for Europe)