Subject: [Leica] Leica glass and shadow detail
From: bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C)
Date: Sat Jan 29 09:58:41 2005

I know next to nothing about binoculars, except that I have never been able
to get a good view through them.  That is, until a few years ago when a
salesman at my local dealer handed me a pair of Leica 7x35 something or
others and let me play with them a bit outside on the street.  I was so
impressed!  It was addictive, I didn't want to put them down.   If it
wern't for the price and the fact that I had absolutely no need for them
whatsoever, I would have bought them in a second.  And I wouldn't hesitate
to recommend them to someone else.  You can't go wrong.

-dan c.

  At 12:45 PM 29-01-05 EST, Grduprey@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 1/28/2005 1:10:38 PM Central Standard Time,
>contaxaholic@yahoo.com writes:
>Was in Helix (Chicago, Illinois) and the salesman showed me some Leica
>binoculars and he went on and on about the fact that Leica uses special
ingredients
>in the lens formula so that more shadow detail is picked up. He intimated
that
>it's the same with their 35mm camera lenses.
>

>Is this really true, or was the salesman stretching the truth?
>
>Well, I don't know about special glass or anything, but I have had a pair
>of
>the Leica 10x42 Ultras for years and their performance is second to none.
>They are great viewing and just the right amount of contrast and low light
>capabilities.  The current genreation is even better.  The dealer in
Dallas, where I
>got mine used to sell Zeiss binoculars and stopped selling them due to
>customer complaints of quality and reliability.  His opinion was that
Leica had the