Subject: [Leica] What is the best non ttl flash to use?
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Sun Jan 30 00:43:20 2005

At 9:10 AM -0800 05.1.29, Christopher Driggett wrote:
>I am looking for a non ttl flash for my R-D1. I am looking for it to
>be fully manual in setting but also have a very good sensor to be
>used in auto mode.   If someone has experience or knowledge I would
>greatly appreciate the passing of the wisdom.

The Leica SF20/SF24D is a nice little flash, but you pay the name
premium. A good alternative is the  Nikon SB30, it's not as strong
but it has bounce features.  I have specs of the various flashes on
my Leica M7 page (scroll down to the bottom).

http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/LeicaM7.html

Karen Nakamura
http://www.photoethnography.com/blog/

--