Subject: [Leica] Way Off Topic - KFC Ad
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Jan 30 21:27:32 2005

Adam Bridge offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Way Off Topic - KFC Ad
And much more:

>>>But, when we are together, individually
> or all together, we honor meals together - talking and enjoying the
> experience. The phone is NEVER answered at dinner - even when my wife
> was on the school board. That's FAMILY time.<<<<

Nice to hear there are folks with the same family quality time values.

One thing that makes me feel good when we go to our son's home for dinner.
 >>The phone is NEVER answered at dinner<<

The answering machine is on, that's it until dinner is finished and we've
left the table. Then the machine is checked. And as was the case bringing up
our 4........ "No phone answered no matter how
important anyone thought it was while we were at the dinner table!"

>>>As for KFC . . . well I haven't seen the ad but there are people I've
visited whose kids just leave the table, listen to their iPods at
dinner, wear their hats etc etc.<<<<<,

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh off with their heads!

And hats worn in the house or when
ladies are present in the home is blasphemy, let alone this absolutely
stupid fad of the "SWAT TEAM baseball HATS ON BACKWARDS!"  Walk in our house
with a hat on, adult, children, teen ager, whatever. It better come off
right quick! Or you feel the lash of Grandma's tongue smartly! ;-)

I've ticked off the odd student wearing a hat in the class room when I've
gone to the Photo Academy to give a lecture! "Excuse me would you be so kind
to remove your hat? Thank you." And if it doesn't happen right quick it's...
"Excuse me you have a three second window ...... remove that stupid hat or
get out! Your call!" I think sometimes out of fear because I tell them quite
smartly it's off in a flash! ;-)

The first time I did this a few years ago I was told later the students
couldn't be talked to in that manner, as it wasn't as it was in the "old
days." And they could wear their hats in the class room if they wished.

My quick response? "Excuse me? That's one of the problems with society
today, there's too many people running around not teaching manners for fear
of "hurting some molly coddling kids ass!" They didn't ask me back
to teach again. ;-) It wasn't any big deal I was booked by another
school later. :-)

Today I still do it no matter where I go to help folks be better
photographers. The option is the same.. "excuse me etc." Or "It's your
choice, a day of learning something and becoming a better photographer
without your hat. Or a day of "sitting outside the door waiting for the
class to end."

I know, I'm just a mean assed old grouch and if little Willie wants to wear
his cap at the table or in "MY CLASS ROOM!" :-) it's supposed to be quite
alright! Bull St!

It's my class room, it runs my way. After all there are ladies in that room
and as respect for them no one wears a hat in the room. Not only that it's a
damn disturbance to me!
And if you don't like it don't ask me back!

Sorry folks a tad off the KFC advert!

ted

Message from jblack at ambio.net (John Black) ([Leica] Way Off Topic - KFC Ad)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Way Off Topic - KFC Ad)