Subject: [Leica] PAW 4 dlridings
From: daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Mon Jan 31 05:02:45 2005

Thanks Phong,

I'll have to give you a rain-check on the tree. I think I'd need to see
the leaves before I'd be sure. My first thought was that it is elm. But
like I said, I'd have to go back and check in the spring.

It's a fantastic place. In the old days hospitals for contageous diseases
were placed out on the edge of town, but in plenty of light (light, in the
north, will cure anything). This was for epidemcis. It's high up on a hill
and now about 100 artists have their studios and workshops there. It's not
owned by an art school or anything, but by a non-profit association.
Probably run much like a co-op.

It used to be on the edge of town, now it is right in the thick of things.
I'd love to spend my days there.

Best,
Daniel