Subject: [Leica] PAW 4 dlridings
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Mon Jan 31 05:16:29 2005

Didier Ludwig wrote:
> I'm not shure but it could be a chestnut or a sycamore tree. At
> least those
> Phong has seen in Switzerland certainly were chestnuts. The
> branches end's  are thicker because these trees are cut every
> year, and there's  usually no  reason to cut other trees this way.

Thanks Didier, for the identifying the
trees in Switzerland.   Not to belabor my ignorance,
why are the chestnut trees cut in the way you mentioned ?

- Phong

Replies: Reply from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] PAW 4 dlridings)
Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] PAW 4 dlridings)