Subject: [Leica] Off Topic
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Jan 31 06:47:51 2005

Wellll, let's see - Mom's a nurse and works the 3-11 shift; Dad, a
middle manager for a widget company, get's home at 7 after an
hour-and-forty-minute commute that's necessitated by his living far
enough outside the side city to be able to afford a house; Junior, 16,
has sports after school until 6, and grabs food when he comes home
because he's close to starving. Juniorette, 13, gets home at 4:30 from
afterschool activities and fixes herself something in the microwave
around five. And this wonderful Norman Rockwell family dinner takes
place when?

I know - Junior, Juniorette, and Dad, can wait and eat with Mom around
midnight - or J,J and D can eat around 7:30 - that's likely.

This is not a pretty picture. In fact it is an ugly picture. But it is
reality for countless families in 2005, and has been for decades.