Subject: [Leica] Quiz time....
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Wed Feb 2 14:08:59 2005

On Feb 2, 2005, at 12:13 PM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> Okay, gang, let's give a quiz....
> The new semester starts for me tomorrow at 7 p.m., and I am planning to
> give a short, simple quiz - multiple choice - to get a sense of what my
> students do and don't know about the basics of photography - mechanics,
> not history or aesthetics.

How about:

What is the the difference between incident and reflective metering?

What is the significance of the 18% gray card?

How much light is increased/decreased with each consecutive aperture
stop
or shutter speed setting?

How many stops of exposure does print film / slide have?

What is the Zone System?

What is the color temperature of daylight or tungsten light?

Why do florescent lights photograph green?

If you shake or drop a roll of color film, does it turn black and white?

> P.S. I don't care if they know which version of the pre-asph 50
> Summicron is considered the best by Erwin Puts, nor do I care, or could
> I ask, if they know what a NOOKY is...:-)

Now that's just silly. EVERYONE knows there is no 50 Summicron-ASPH.
Trick question, ey? ;-)

Feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com