Subject: [Leica] My attitude about Colo(u)r
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed Feb 2 23:00:08 2005

At 10:28 PM -0500 2/2/05, Tina Manley wrote:
>At 09:40 PM 2/2/2005, you wrote:
>>I was raised in the Great Dismal Swamp in NE North Carolina.
>
>Color is very subjective.  Here are two photos of the same scene
>made on different days.  Which one is "correct"?
>
>http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/39336098
>http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/39336122
>

>Tina
>

>Tina Manley, ASMP
>www.tinamanley.com

A very good example. Light can and does change colours dramatically.
Our eyes (brains) make the accommodations and we think things look
about the same, but a consistent sensor, film or digital, proves
otherwise.

It's easy to say that one or the other, most likely the latter, is
more accurate, but that presents only part of the matter. That's why
we fiddle with colour balance and saturation, to present our pictures
with the colours that our memories say they were.

Between our memories and individual perceptions a whole range of
colour representations are possible.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  |[ ]|     http://www.archiphoto.com

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Not a PAW but an addition: Luggers meet)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] My attitude about Colo(u)r)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] My attitude about Colo(u)r)