Subject: [Leica] M2 questions
From: ferider at yahoo.com (Der Eiserne Reiter)
Date: Thu Feb 3 08:13:48 2005

List,

having only used Bessa R and IIIc rangefinders before, I finally gave in and
bought an M, i.e. a
used 65 M2. I have read that the M2 viewfinder can be modified to an M6
viewfinder. Does anybody
have experience with this and can you suggest somebody to do this conversion
? Also, I really am
only interested in the additional 28mm frame. Since the M2 has .72
magnification, it should be
possible to have a 28mm view (about 3x the 90mm frame) without the frame. Is
this practical (The
camera is still in the mail) ?

Thanks,

Roland Ruehl.